The source insisted that one of the names on a passport – the name of a man who denies any knowledge of its use – has travelled on it in Asia (probably Indonesia) and EU countries over the past year. The Emirates have proof that an American entered their country in June 2006 on a British passport issued in the name of a UK citizen who was already in prison in the Emirates. The Emirates claim that the passport of an Israeli agent sent to kill a Hamas leader in Jordan was a genuine Canadian passport issued to a dual national of Israel.
- Israel must co-operate over fake passports, says David Miliband
- Interpol puts 11 on most-wanted list
- Video: UK demands Israel answers
- Death in Dubai: the plot thickens
- Israel reels from backlash at killing of Hamas militant
- Leading article: A murky affair that calls for a tougher British response